Valve Cover Race Rules
Texas BusFest Valve Cover Racing Association (TBFVCRA) “Official” rules.
• Cars will be built using an actual rocker cover from a VW engine;
steel and or aluminum are allowed.
• No engines or propulsion of any kind save gravity.
• No moving weights/counter weights.
• Wheels can be attached to the car in any manner,
but must not extend beyond the front or rear of the valve cover.
• Nothing can extend beyond the front or rear of the valve cover.
• Cars will have at least four wheels, each no more than six inches in diameter.
• Wheel must have a non-metallic surface contacting the track.
• 10 inch maximum overall width. ^^
• 10 inch maximum overall height. ^^
• 8 pounds maximum weight. **
• Valve covers will be clean (no sludge or oil).
If the racer drips oil or grease, it is disqualified!
Rules of the track and race are as follows:
• The judge's decision is final.
• The track will consist of two lanes with each lane being 18 inches wide.
• If a racer (person) interferes with another car, it (they) automatically lose that round.
• If a racer is hampered by a track issue, it will get another run.
• If there is a tech issue, the judge's decision is final.
• “official” rules are subject to change.
** official scales have been tested using state of the art weights and measures
designed and operated by qualified NASA space engineers.
^^ Official height and width will be measured using an old yard stick